The Secret To A Better Lovelife
[ Editor’s Note: Fitness author Jon Benson shared this letter with me and gave me permission to share it with you. ]
Today we need to chat about your hormones.
Yeah, I chat a lot about hormones. That’s because I have been to Hormone Hell and back. Twice.
I’ve lived to tell the tale.
It’s scary… and it’s one of those hidden illnesses that you might not even know you have.
I had it at 27. I did not affect my lovelife, but that was probably due to my youth. If I did not treat it then, I would have no lovelife or drive at ALL right now.
I treated it with drugs. That is all we had back then.
Today I use a combination of therapies, many of which are natural….
1. I train with weights to increase testosterone-levels naturally.
2. I train and do cardio before eating in the morning do increase gH levels naturally without drugs.
3. I cycle my calories to increase my thyroid levels naturally.
As you can see there are many ways to increase your hormone levels naturally.
But it’s not all exercise and nutrition. Now we have several “botanical” supplements: Herbs and other natural helpers to help the fight.
I wish I would have known about Dr. Lucille when I was 27.
She’s the expert in that field. Herbs, nutrition for hormone help, and how to protect your body IF you have to take drugs to help the problem like I do.
I listen to her. So should you.
Here’s her site:
Natural energy help <— click here
The best thing about having your hormones optimized is energy.
Yes, you will burn more bodyfat.
Yes, you will increase your lovelife and your desire to have intimacy.
Yes, you will increase your resistance to disease and common illnesses.
But I think MORE ENERGY is the best.
I have the energy to do anything I want at just about any time I want.
Here’s an example:
Today I had to go to the funeral of a dear friend. She passed away after struggling with a lifetime of various illnesses, many of which were made worse by lifestyle choices. Some she had no control over.
We all loved her dearly.
We drove until 1:00AM this morning. I got up early for the funeral but not early enough to eat breakfast.
I had a large lunch afterwards and then we headed back — another 3 hour boring drive in traffic.
Even with all of this emotional stress, my body only needed a 2-hour nap to pop right back into high gear. I could literally go and workout now at almost 11:00pm if I had to.
I’m glad I don’t because I have a night of packing ahead of me for a business trip!
Still, the point is simple:
Hormone Health = Greater Energy
Most people do not exercise because… get this….
They do not FEEL like it.
I don’t mean “feel like it” as in they would rather do something else, although that is the case sometimes.
I mean “feel like it” in the sense that they have NO energy to do it.
They are tired, run-down after a 9 to 5 day, and feel zonked.
If so, you need this info…
Remember: More energy, more lovelife. More workouts that burn fat. More done in the day.
More living… in the best way possible.
Training With Weights vs “Weight Training”
Just a word of warning:
I will be using the term “bodybuilder” or “bodybuilding” to refer to anyone who wants to build lean muscle and burn bodyfat in this article.
That means you.
Yep… you are a “bodybuilder.” That does not mean you want to look like a monster on stage and pose in front of thousands of people wearing nothing but your undies.
That means you want more lean muscle and less bodyfat — that’s it.
With that in mind, here’s something you have to know:
Bodybuilders do not “lift weights” — we “train” with weights.
We use weights as a tool like a sculptor uses a hammer and chisel.
The object of the game is not to lift some heavy weight from Point A to Point B and back. That’s weight lifting. “Bodybuilding” is about making the muscle you want to change do all the work.
Here’s two ways to do it:
1. Lower the weight and focus: Most people are just concerned with the lift itself. “Get this weight off of me!” seems to be the unconscious mantra. This will not get the job done. In fact you may end up looking bulky rather than sleek… or just not change at all. Instead, lower the weight slightly, slow the pace down (especially on the descent of the movement) and picture the muscle in your mind doing ALL of the work. Literally put your mind in the muscle. You will be amazed at how different the same exercise feels with this degree of concentration,.
2. Contract, hold, release: At the top of any movement, contract the muscle hard. Hold that contraction for a second or two, then release it and lower the weight slowly. This will not only cause faster muscle growth (that is a good thing) but also demand that you use less weight to get the job done. This means your joints — shoulders, knees, elbows — will last a lifetime. At 45 my joints are in perfect health. Protect yours at all costs.
Just remember: You are not just lifting weights when you train for muscle shape and “tone” — you are a sculptor. Treat your tools and your body with that degree of care.
I cover many more tips on how to build lean muscle and burn bodyfat faster in my book “7 Minute Muscle”.
Read more here:
More muscles in far less time <— click here