Eyes are considered as a mirror of the soul that acts as windows to the outside world. Eyes can express not only your beauty, but also your health. Our lifestyle has a great role in determining the health of the eyes. There are many people who have to work with computers and cannot escape from it. Taking good care of eyes is very important in keeping it healthy, especially if you are a person who uses computers for long hours continuously.
Strain is the most common factor that contributes to the discomfort that you feel after a full day’s work in front of the computer. This can occur due to various reasons like being too close to the screen, glare of the screen from the window, blurred letters on the screen, uncomfortable eye level with the screen or constant staring on the screen for a long time.
Since it is not possible to skip being in front of the computer while you work, the next best option is to take care of your eyes. Here are some easy eye care tips while working on computer that will help you to avoid computer eye strain.
1) Take a break: Staring at the screen without blinking your eyes will cause the eyes to dry up. It is one of the recommended eye care tips while working on computer to avoid computer strain.
2) Palming: Rub your palms against each other till you feel it warm. Keep your palm on your eyes for 60 seconds. This will help you relax your tired eyes. Repeat this two or three times till you feel tranquil.
3) Adjust the eye level: Whether it is television or computers, adjusting the screen to eye level is very important in keeping your eyes healthy. It is one of the most important eye care tips while working on the computer.
4) Follow the 20-20-20 rule: This exercise will help you relax while working for long hours in front of computers. Look away from your computer screen every 20 minutes and gaze at any distant object at least 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
5) Keep the contrast: Choose dark letters and light background on the screen while you are working on your computer. This is one among the most practical eye care tips while working on a computer.
6) Avoid glare: It is important to work in an atmosphere where there are proper light settings. If you are wondering how to avoid computer strain, keep the computer where there is no glare from the window or the tube-lights.
7) Reduce brightness: Work on your computer only after reducing the brightness to a comfortable level. Increased brightness will make your eyes strain more. This is another point among the useful list of eye care tips while working on a computer.
8) Go green: Green is considered as the best colour to keep your eyes relaxed. Look outside your window in between your work. If you wonder how to avoid computer strain when your workplace is inside four walls, just set a green wallpaper on your screen.
9) Blink frequently: One of the most effective eye care tips while working on a computer is to blink your eyes every now and then. This will help keep the natural moisture of tears in your eyes and avoid dryness and other associated problems.
10) Consider computer glasses: As the name indicates, computer glasses are made specifically for people who work in front of a computer. If you want to know how to avoid computer eye strain, then this will help you by reducing glare, increasing clarity, and relaxing your eyes.
11) Use artificial tears: This helps re-lubricate our eyes and restores balance to our eyes during heavy computer use.